Protecting the land we value most
NSW is home to some of the most treasured wildlife, natural environments and productive land, and we are rightly proud of that.
Native trees and plants are vital for the health of our environment, supporting native animals and agriculture and protecting soil and water.
We have to work together to protect the land and animals we value most and to keep our rivers flowing and healthy.
and data and deliver a modern approach to land management and biodiversity conservation in NSW.
Exhibition has now closed
Regulations and other key products to support the Government’s new Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 and Local Land Services Amendment Act 2016, were on exhibition from 10 May until 21 June. Exhibition has now closed.
- Draft Biodiversity Conservation Regulation 2017 (PDF), and its supporting regulatory impact statement (PDF)
- Draft Local Land Services Amendment Regulation 2017 (PDF)
- Draft Environmental Planning and Assessment Amendment (Biodiversity Conservation) Regulation 2017 (PDF)
- Explanation of Intended Effect for the State Environmental Planning Policy (Vegetation) 2017 (PDF)
- Land Management (Native Vegetation) Code (PDF)
- Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) (PDF) and BAM Tool (the BAM Tool is being updated following exhibition, in preparation for commencement)
- Accreditation Scheme for the Application of the Biodiversity Assessment Method (PDF)
- Draft Sensitive Biodiversity Values Land Map (Link)
- Serious and irreversible impacts guidance (PDF)
- Offsets payment calculator (Excel) and User Manual (PDF)
Facts sheets and guides that provide detailed information on key topic areas were available to assist in making a submission.
Work is continuing and additional tools and products to support the legislation will be developed and exhibited during 2017. Register your interest to receive regular updates and notification of new consultation opportunities.